Call for nominations!
The 2021-2022 Bray Research Scholars Fund supports the research initiatives of (outstanding) post-residency MD or PhD fellows who are mentored by faculty in the departments of medicine, psychiatry, neurosciences, or the basic sciences. Preference is given to post-graduates year three and beyond, who demonstrate a commitment to academic medicine, and whose research focus is in the area of metabolism, endocrinology, nutrition, or diabetes, with a primary focus on weight control and obesity.
Appointments shall be for two years with second year contingent upon project progress. Funding will be $40,000 per year. Funds may be used to support fellow salary/fringe, other research personnel, and project related expenses.
Applicants should submit the following documents by October 15, 2021 to be considered:
- Letter of recommendation from Division/Department Chair detailing nominee’s qualifications and institutional commitment.
- Letter of support from mentor(s)
- Research Proposal: Not to exceed 5 pages
- Biosketch (in current NIH format) for applicant and mentor(s)
- Detailed Budget and justification for two years of support.
Applications should be sent electronically in one PDF document to email@example.com.
For scientific and eligibility questions, contact Dr. Ramratnam at Bramratnam@lifespan.org or 401-444-4219. For administrative questions, contact Linda Mrozowski at Linda.Mrozowski@lifespan.org or 401-444-5315.