The Advance-CTR Mentoring Training Program is a 6-part, peer-driven program that provides faculty mentors with skills and techniques to enhance communication with their mentees and improve outcomes for professional development and success. Participants work within an intellectual framework, experiment with different methods, and discuss strategies for solving mentoring dilemmas with colleagues.
Faculty at Brown, URI, and the affiliated hospital systems in Rhode Island are eligible to participate. The program is geared toward established faculty members who mentor early career faculty and/or postdoctoral fellows in clinical or translational research. Preference will be given to experienced mentors; however, mentors of all career stages are welcome to apply.
Dates & Deadlines
Our training program includes six sessions (9 hours total) to be held virtually. Interested participants must commit to attending all six sessions.
- Monday, October 18 (11 a.m. - 1 p.m.): Welcome & Introduction, Effective Communication
- Monday, October 25 (12 - 1:15 p.m.): Aligning Expectations
- Monday, November 1 (12 - 1:15 p.m.) : Assessing Understanding
- Monday, November 8 (12 - 1:15 p.m.): Addressing Equity & Inclusion
- Monday, November 15 (12 - 1:15 p.m.): Fostering Independence
- Monday, November 22 (11 a.m. - 1 p.m.): Promoting Professional Development, Articulating Your Mentoring Philosophy and Plan, Mentoring Resources
The application deadline Tuesday, October 5, 2021. Registrants will receive confirmation of their acceptance on or before October 8.
Please contact AdvanceRI@brown.edu with any questions.